- Aug 28: Dimitrius Krommydas “Energy conditions in general relativity”
- Sep 4: Discussion on Weak/Null Energy conditions and the absence of stress tensors in Generalized free fields
- Sep 11: Edward Witten’s online talk on “Light rays and Blackholes 1”
- Sep 25: Thomas Hartman’s online talk on “Null energy conditions”
- Oct 2: Miguel Alarcon on “Tensor rank and measures of multi-partite entanglement”
- Oct 9: Uday Sood on “A geometric approach to quantum circuit lower bounds“
- Oct 16: Online talk on “S-matrix bootstrap”
- Oct 23: Thomas Faulkner’s talk on “A canonical purification for entanglement wedge cross section”
- Oct 30: Shashank Jaiswal “Quantum approximate optimization algorithm“
- Nov 6: Honggu Choi “Quantum convolutional neural networks“
- Nov 13: Keiichiro Furuya “Minimal energy cost for thermodynamic information processing”
- Nov 20: Online talk by Ahmed Almheiri “A modern take on the information paradox”
It is open to all interested students and researchers in Physics and Mathematics. If you are a mathematician with a background in operator algebra we would greatly benefit from your participation.
Quantum Gravity and Information Virtual Seminars
The virtual seminars hosted by Strings/holography groups at Potsdam and the University of Amsterdam. We meet in the following dates at 9 AM local time at the conference room PHYS 279 to join in:
Fall 2019 and Spring 2020:
- Nov 6: Eva Silverstein
- Dec 4: Tadashi Takayanagi
Jan 29: Douglas Stanford
Particle Physics Seminars
Weakly particle physics seminar joint with experimentalist, Tuesdays at 3:30 pm at PHYS 242. The schedule of fall 2019:
High Energy/ AMO Joint Journal Club:
We meet bi-weekly on Tuesdays at 10 am in Room 350 in Physics and Astronomy for our journal club on the intersection of condensed matter and high energy ideas from theory to experiment. They are organized by Martin Kruczenski.
- Sep 3: Alex Ma “Superconducting circuit QED and quantum simulations”
- Sep 17: Chen-Lung “Latest experimental results on a uniform 2D superfluid quenched to negative interaction”
- Oct 1: Uday Sood “Quantum complexity and entanglement entropy in QFT and O(2) model”
- Oct 15: Uday Sood “Circuit complexity in Bose-Hubbard model including the O(2) critical point”
Mathematical Physics Seminar Series
These meetings are organized by Birgit Kaufman on topics that are at the intersection of mathematics and physics.
- Oct 14: Martin Kruczenski “S-matrix bootstrap, particle scattering from a convex optimization problem”
- Nov 11: Shawn Cui “Kitaev’s quantum double model as error-correcting code”.